Please take note! Recently announced changes have been made to the date and application deadline for this year’s TOAE due to the Pan Am / Parapan Am games over the summer months.
The 2015 Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition will take place September 18-20 at Nathan Phillips Square
10:30am – 7:30pm Friday and Saturday
10:30am – 6:30pm Sunday.
NEW DEADLINE – Artist Exhibitor Applications
Artist exhibitor applications are due 11:59pm on Monday, May 18 and are available at: http://www.torontooutdoorart.org
The Carnegie Gallery in Dundas, Ontario is accepting submissions for their biennial juried exhibition of Ontario-based craft practitioners. Carnegie Craft 2015 runs from April 3-26th, 2015.
According to Carnegiegallery.org “Carnegie Craft 2015 is open to both emerging and established professional craftspeople.
Material categories that will be considered by the jury include ceramic, wood, textile, metal, glass and mixed media. This is a great opportunity to show your work, and to be considered for one of eight awards!”
Download an entry form: Carnegie Craft 2015 Call for Entry
Entry Deadline: Friday, March 6, 2015
Memory, the tenth annual edition of the Gladstone Hotel’s signature show of textile-based art, invites artists to explore the many and complex relationships between cloth and memory. The deadline for submissions is April 30th, 2015.
Click here for more information and details regarding criteria.
Joe Lewis from Fiber Quarterly, is looking to publish a 750 word profile and 6 images from Canadian students who are finishing a course of study in a fibre / textile focused program or have used these materials and processes to produce their thesis work in an Arts program that does not offer classes in them. Diploma or degree program BA, MFA and PhD. This would be a great opportunity for you promote your work and to connect with the broader textiles community.
Joe Lewis is providing the space but not the editorial support. His guidelines below are as follows:
- “Do not write about yourself in the third person (this is not a press release)
- Label your jpeg of your work in the following way: “Number_your_name_name_of_work_date”
- On your corresponding Image list please provide a breakdown of materials and process / or processes used.
- Submission can be made in the language of the program English or French if you want to provide a translation that will also be published.
- [For English speakers: be aware the respect for and appreciation of textile and fibre work: the province of Quebec is both different and greater then the rest of Canada and I say this from first hand experience, so you might want to take that into consideration]”
Deadlines to meet:
Intent to participate: April 30th
Confirmation of Class editor if some one has made to offer: May 15th
Deadline for copy and images: June 1st.